Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

click on a radio button in Web Table using child item

There's a column of radio Buttons in a Web Table.
    The select event of the radio button's are getting identified as-
    Browser("").Page("").WebRadioGroup.Select "PartyID=2,rowID=3"

I want to select the radio button irrespective of the value i.e "PartyID=2,rowID=3", as this value keeps on changing for each radiobutton.

Tha code I used is-
    Set WebEditObj=Browser.Page.WebTable.ChildItem(intRow, 1,WebRadioGroup,0)
    WebEditObj.Click

QTP is not clicking on the radio button & is not giving any error.
    If I use the code-
    WebEditObj.Select

QTp throws the error-wrong no. of arguments, which is correct as I have to give a value or an index with Select event.

Please suggest.Can I use SetTOProperty.If so, how?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: click on a radio button in Web Table using child item

this should work:
    '##########################################
    radiosNumber = Browser("br").Page("page").WebTable("tbl").ChildIt emCount (3,4, "WebRadioGroup")
    Set rgWithinCell = Browser("br").Page("page").WebTable("tbl").ChildIt em (3, 4, "WebRadioGroup", 0)

rgWithinCell.Select "#1"
    '##########################################

as far as i understood there are some mistakes in your code, first is in this statement:
    the micClass (WebRadioGroup) argument should be within " " ;

second is in the Select method, it requires an argument

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: click on a radio button in Web Table using child item

Well after lots of RND i have come with the solution to the problem. But let us first disucss some issues

When we use
    Browser("br").Page("page").WebTable("tbl").ChildIt em (3, 4, "WebRadioGroup", 0)

Now this give us the WebRadioGroup object of QTP that work as if we have a group of RadioButtons. Now suppose if we have 3 checkboxes on a web page with same name then using the above statements returns a QTP object which QTP treats in its own way. So should i make it a web element, well may be yes

Set rgWithinCell = Browser("br").Page("page").WebTable("tbl").ChildIt em (3, 4, "WebElement", 0)

But i dont know what is the problem with QTP and its returning me the object that is currently selected and not the one that is actually present in that cell.

Now consider the below html code
    <INPUT TYPE="radio" CHECKED NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot">
    <INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot2">
    <INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot3">
    now in html this creates three object with name testPath in the DOM structure of the page and QTP recognize all of the as part of single object of type WebRadioGroup. So there is no solution possible by just using the normal QTP functions.

So we will see the solution using DOM
    Below is the HTML code of the example that i have used

<table border=1 cellpadding=0 style='mso-cellspacing:
    1.5pt'>
    <tr >
    <td >
    <p><INPUT TYPE="radio" CHECKED NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot">/<span
    class=SpellE>swot</span></p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr >
    <td >
    <p><INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot2">/swot2</p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr >
    <td >
    <p><INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot3">/swot3</p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tr>
    </table>
    Append the Code by the HTML and BODY Tag as i cannot post these tags int the post.

Well now saving this file in example.html and then recording a script to add the neccessary objects. Add the web table object seperately to the script

now we use the below code
    SystemUtil.Run "C:\Documents and Settings\tarun_lalwani\Desktop\example.html","","C :\Documents and Settings\tarun_lalwani\Desktop","opennew"
    Set WObj=Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebTable("Web Table").Object.rows(2).cells(0)
    'Get the DOM object for 3rd row and column 1

This give me the TD node of the 3rd row in the table
    now if we see the HTML code for this node is
    <td >
    <p><INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="testPath" VALUE="swot3">/swot3</p>
    </td>
    So TD node has one child node <P> which in turn has one child node INPUT. This INPUT element is the one that i want to access. To get the value to be used for selection

so if i say WObj.Childnodes(0) this gives me the <P> node as Wobj points to the <TD> node

so WObj.Childnodes(0).Childnodes(0) give me acces to the specific input element in the cell and

WObj.Childnodes(0).Childnodes(0).value gives me the value of this radio button which can be used to check the radio button

Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebRadioGroup("tes tPath").Select WObj.Childnodes(0).Childnodes(0).value

I know that it not one the best way to represent the solution but i thought of giving as much details as possible