| || |
Browser name Changing
Iam newbie to QTP and testing web application. look this scenarios
when recording for the same page
1)Browser("ArcotID Activation").Page("ArcotID Activation").Webedit("UserID")---Correct one
2)Browser("Get ArcotID").Page("ArcotID Service").Webedit("UserID")
what could be the problem? plz help me even it is silly question.
Re: Browser name Changing
Ravi -- they may appear to be the same page, but they are not.
This is not a silly question...this is a real problem that many people get to deal with. I have tested web sites that had multiple different versions of the home page, depending on how you got there...from an external site, or by clicking "Home" from somewhere inside the site. Looked and worked exactly the same, but different url, and QTP would see it as different.
First, I am going to make a blanket statement; then I will give you the best, most detailed, helpful answer I can.
First, if you have not yet gotten the training for QTP, I cannot emphasize strongly enough how absolutely essential it is that you get that. It is a powerful and complex tool, and your problems are not unique. You can bump into your problems and try to solve them one at a time, while feeling immense pressure to be productive, and getting advice from forums like this where the great majority of people have no more experience than you, and hope you can figure out enough to cobble together enough to put enough together to at least look productive; but that is how really expensive software becomes really expensive shelfware. OR...you can take the training, learn a lot about the tool, see a great many of the standard basic problems resolved, and gain a great sense of confidence to get started, and be much more successful with the tool. And you can tell your manager I said it...I won't be embarrassed at all.
Okay, so, how do you fix this...
QTP makes this particular problem worse because by default, it does not use any properties to identify either the browser or the page, it looks at their content, and so this problem comes up a lot. The first and easiest solution is to see if there is a property you can use...this depends on how your developers/designers have built the system, but it is worth trying.
Go to Tool>Object Identification, in the environment dropdown select Web and in the Test Object Classes tree, look at Browser and Page. Note that niether of them have any mandatory or assistive properties. Try a few, one at a time, re-record some scripts and see what (if anything) works well. I normally try Name and URL, and you may also need to use Regular Expressions to make it work, but normally this can fix the problem you are describing. These settings are desktop specific, so if you make changes here and they work well, you will need to make those same changes on all the other machines QTP is installed on to be consistant.
Hope this helps, Good Luck.
Re: Browser name Changing
Thank u very much,it's solved. i set the mandatory Properties(name & URL) to the Browser and page. Now it is working fine.
Thanks & Regards