I'm very very new to automated testing
my application consists of a list boxes with drop down list of values
so when i tried to do the simple record and play back selecting the values in the list box i thought i can parameterize all the other values in the list
but the script doesn't show up the values it show up just as a list box
when i used the object spy under properties the Class Name of the object is swfobject
and the Text value is New York.
when i do the record for the combo box it show up like this in the script
but i why don't see the New York in the script i selected from the combobox when i did the recording
why is it please let me know,
I hope you are studying QTP right now and not writing test code to give to the client because you have a long way to go!
If you are seeing the list box as an SWFObject then use the following steps:
1. Go to Object Identification option in the Tools menu.
2. Map your SWFObject list box or combo box to the standard listbox or combo box.
3. Try recording again.
1. Click Tools > Object Identification
2. From the Object Identification dialog box, select "Standard Windows" from the Environment drop down.
3. A button "User Defined" will be enabled on the Object Identification dialog box.
4. Click the button "User Defined".
5. Another dialog window "Object Mapping" will be displayed.
6. Click on the finger pointing button and select the combo/list box that is in your application.
7. Once your listbox object is displayed in the Class Name textbox, select Combo Box or List from the 'Map to' dropdown and click the 'Add' button.
8. Make sure you click the 'Add' button because many people miss this step.
9. Now click OK on the Object Mapping dialog box.
10. Now try recording. The SWFObject should now be displayed as a Combo or List box.