Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

reuse checkpoints

Hi,
    can I reuse Checkpoints I made in other scripts i.e. script1 uses Checkpoint1 and what script2 should also use Checkpoint1.
    I have worked a long time with qarun. QArun collects all checkpoints in a database. Whenever you need checkpoint_123 you can choose it. Technical spoken there must be a reference or link in the script. Do I have this in QTP?

Gerd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: reuse checkpoints

Simply put, I don't think it is possible without a whole lot of screwing about. Have you looked for solutions on the MI support site?
    I'm not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

This is from MI Knowledge Base, Article 24418:

Astra QuickTest and QuickTest Professional do not have the ability to share checkpoints between scripts. As a work-around, you can create the checkpoint in a separate and reusable action, then call that action when you want to use the checkpoint.

For information on how to make an action reusable, please refer to Problem ID 13412 - How to make an Action reusable. For information on calling a reusuable action, please refer to Problem ID 13458 - How to use an Action from one script in another script.
    I'm not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You can't re-use checkpoint not placed in a reusable action because QTP hides the checkpoint in the .tsr file under the action the checkpoint was created for.

If you use DP based checkpoints you can freely copy & paste them between scripts & actions or better still place them in an external library file as functions and call them as and when required.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

May I ask what a DP based checkpoint is? I'm trying to find a good work around for implementing checkpoints with a shared repository.