Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Testing Web Application with Macromedia Flex objects

Hi all,

We are using QTP for UI automation of web site, itz working fine. In our next release inteface is going to be provided by Macromedia Flex objects.
    We am unable to create a successful test because QTP does not recognize FLASH objects. Does anyone know how to work around this problem with QTP?

Thanks in advance
    San [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Testing Web Application with Macromedia Flex objects

First of all which version of QTP are you using? as in 6.5 there is a multimedia add-in, but in 8.2 this has been removed. I am fairly sure that there is a work around for this but you might try the MI site forum (especially the knowledge base) for what you need to do.

Hope this helps
    I like what i know and I know what i like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

if you are using QTP 8.2 then use SI option for identification of FLASH objects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Good news for those who need to test Flex objects
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051017/175387.html
    -Dima

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    I am testing Flash application which is running on Internet explorer.I am creating few scripts using Quick Test pro 8.2.
    I would like to know if there is any Addin/Plugin provided by mercury or it is having anyinbuild support for Flash application.
    It would be of great help if you could provide me with brief description about how to test flash application using QTP 8.2.

Thanks,
    Apurva jain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am researching the use of QTP 8.0 to do some GUI testing in a Flex application. I've searched the QTP forum for Flex-related testing info and the consensus seems to be to wait for 9.0, but I'd like to see if there is anything useful I can do with what I currently have.

When I record, every click registers as a "MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX" object and coordinates are being recorded, with the entire browser window selected (in the Active Screen tab).

I have a few questions:

1) From other posts, I thought Flash was no longer supported in 8.0. Why are my Flex objects being recognized as FlashPlayerActiveX objects then? Is that the extent of Flex support in 8.0?

2) Is there any way 8.0 will recognize my Flex controls (they are not ActiveX as far as I know)? Any option I can set to make this happen?

3) If not QTP, is there any other tool I can try for Flex GUI testing?

A post in this thread mentioned using "SI option", but I have no idea what that is. What is it and would it help me?

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated (other than "wait for 9.0", that is).