I have got 2 problems and they might be inter-related but for now I'll be treating them seperately. Highlight about the AUT:
I'm testing a app. that is developed using .Net and the object (UI) are made up of Net Advantage (Infragistics). I'm using QTP 8.2 along with the .Net add-in and the TestAdvantage (Infragistics). The look of this app is similar to Outlook 2003.
When I'm recording the scripts in QTP everything if beautiful. When I replay the recorded script it brings up the "Run Error".
1. When I'm trying to click on the Main Group (like for example: "Contacts" in Outlook 2K3) it gives me Run Error "Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread."
2. When I'm clicking on the node (like for example: "Inbox" under "Mail" in Outlook 2K3), that gives me Run Error "Index was outside the bounds of the array."
Now I'll appreciate if someone can tell me whether this is a QTP issue or the development issue. Keep in mind that normal operations on the app is just fine. It is just when QTP tries to access it.
I hope some genuise will have to work on this to solve [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks....
Thanks for the response - but my problem is only with QTP as my normal operation goes fine. I can navigate through AUT without any issues + I can do all the recordings without any problems. This only happens when I try to replay my recorded scripts. This gives me the feeling that it has to do something with the QTP itself.
I did little research for this error and it all talks about .Net framework. I'll still do some work on this - I'm also working along with Mercury for this issue - will post the solution (if I'll get one). Thanks
1) We have had the same sort of issues with QTP and our AUT not enjoying working together [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Search MSDN with the exact error message and you might get some information that will allow you to proceed further on this issue. (Our issue was with the .NET framework itself)
2) We have seen the same error messages here and on our end they were 100% development issues and were corrected.
There is setting out in Test-->Settings where you can set how you want your menu to be recognized, Actually in windows there are two things.
While recording an menu operation in Windows enviornment there are two things that would happen
1. Windows would send out an Menu_Initialize command and then an Menu_selection command. if during playback if the menu_initialize command is not issued properly by ur AUT then QTP will not take ur Menu_selection command and throw an error.This is the case if u have selected Menu_initialization before menu selection option in test settings
2.But if u have set ignore menu_initializtion, then qtp will playback the selection of menu even if the menu initialization is not given by UR AUT
This is in case of windows, Check if this can work out for you