Syntax for Action Call

Ok this is slightly related to my other post on data tables I went a different route and it seems to be working except for one thing.

I am using the method

RunAction "Additional_Driver", rngIterations, "1-Num_Of_Drivers"

Where Num_Of_Drivers has it's value set according to the global data sheet. What I can't seem to figure out is the syntax to use for it. The help file says:

RunAction ActionName, [IterationMode , IterationRange]

For the range it says:

IterationRange String Not always required. Indicates the rows for which action iterations will be performed. Valid only when the IterationMode is rngIterations.
    Enter the row range (i.e. 1-7), or enter rngAll to run iterations on all rows.

So does it need to be inside () or just in quotes? Also can you use a variable in place of the end range value?

Thanks for the help

Re: Syntax for Action Call

Iteration Range it is a string. So it will need quotes. You won't need ().

You cannot include a variable inside quotes so "1-Num_Of_Drivers" will not work.

Change it to "1-" & Num_Of_Drivers and it should be fine. Of course, this assumes that you have a variable called Num_Of_Drivers which contains a numerical value > 1.

I don't know what will happen if Num_Of_Drivers = 1 (so range will be "1-1". Maybe that won't be a problem, but if it is, this would probably work:

If Num_Of_Drivers = 1 Then
    RunAction "Additional_Driver", oneIteration
    RunAction "Additional_Driver", rngIterations, "1-" & Num_Of_Drivers
    End If