Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QuickTest Pro Material

Hi,
    I am just wondering, can any one have any information about QuickTest Pro online material.
    I am looking for some material or information about QuickTest pro, I would be thankful , if some one can give me a link or web site address where there is some notes about QTP.
    I need that pretty quickly, as I have interview lined up , and I would be glad if some one can able to tell me what kind of questions can be asked in QTP with answers.
    Looking forward to have your help friends as usual I know you peoples are very helpful.
    Thanks all in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QuickTest Pro Material

Syed I have interviewed quite a few potential candidates for QTP roles and I must say it is extremely easy to spot those with little experience and those with the kind of experience we were looking for.

Some companies will search the MI QTP discussion or knowledge base forums looking for your name, see when your first post was an assume thats when you first started using QTP.

I don't know your circumstances but I wouldn't attend the interview with no knowlege.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, thanks for the information, but I have knowledge of QTP as I worked with WinRunner, I am looking for some online material where I can get deep inside the QTP and QTP testing strategies, along with what is major difference between QTP and WinRunner.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Have you tried the downloads section of this site, there is a powerpoint presentation of QTP.

For the differences between WR & QTP you should be able to find some good information searching this forum. I recollect about 5 good posts on that subject in the last year.

The full QTP documentation can be downloaded from the MI support site (and there used to be an evaluation copy of QTP avalable) but I can't remember if you need to be an existing Mercury user or have a maintenance number.

If you have WinRunner experience picking up QTP will be easy. I have a WinRunner guy working with me and it will take about 6 weeks for him to get fully up to speed as the concepts are similar.

Good luck, Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You can get a trial version with complete PDF documentation by filling out a request form on the MI website. The biggest difference is that QTP uses VB as the programming language, but if you already have VB / VBA experience then it will be relatively easy to pickup. Be prepared for a lot of reading, the documentation is extensive.
    Frits Bos, PMP
    frits_bos@hotmail.com