Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QT Database test

Hi all,
    I am new with QT and I was wondering if I can use QT to compare my expected result that in an excel file on what on my database.
    Here is the scenario:
    I have batch process and I want to compare the result the batch job that is stored the database with the expected result that is in a excel file. It this possible in QT

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QT Database test

nixonp you can make ODBC or ADO calls to the database and compare the returned record set against your excel entries.

Search on the MI support sites knowledge base for ODBC or ADO for examples of how to do this. Take an example and you should only need to amend the DB connection string, ID, password, SQL call to DB and what to do with the record set returned.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Nixonp,

You can check your Database values with the values in Excel File. You need to implement this through ADODB. Create two ADO connections and recordsets for retriving values from DB and Excel File and compare these recordsets. Please refer ADODB documentation at msdn.microsoft.com. It works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    I want to have to apply Data base check point for DB2 .If any one know please answer me it is ******.
    mail me at:neeraj_kothari@mail2world.com