Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

a way to put your variables into the OR

Is there a way to put the variable you script on the Expert view onto the OR.
    For eg
    I have Image("Delete row "&inum) and inum is dynamic ie changes with my code.
    But in the OR ,i have only Delete row 1 which is the object.
    The funny part is once it got the image without any problems.Now it can only find Delete row 1 and cannot find Delete row 2,3,etc. and says it cannot find it in the OR
    So Is there a way i can change something in the OR to make it detect the image???

Please help
    Thanks
    vidhu718

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: a way to put your variables into the OR

Vidhu,

Something tells me you have jumped some important QTP learning steps. It may be worth your while skimming through the QTP manual and get a general idea about logical names and the likes.

As for your current situation, you have two possible choices. One is to add all the images into the OR as Delete Row 1, Delete Row 2, so on. Second option would be to use Descriptive programming.

So instead of using logical name to identify, you'd use the properties of the images. Let's say for example you want to click on all the Image Links. You'd use something of this sort:

-------------------------------
    for i = 0 to no_of_images-1
    Image("image type:=Image Link", "index:="&i).Click
    Next i
    -------------------------------
    Here Ive used image type as one identifying property. You could use any that identify all the images. The other property would most likely be index. I use a For loop from 0 to no_of_images-1 since index values start with 0 and not 1.

[ 01-13-2005, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Mark M ]
    (I'm hiring Software Development Engineers in Test in Seattle, WA)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: a way to put your variables into the OR

Yeah Mark ,Whatever I've been learning and understood has been from this forum. Since its more interactive I get more input. But thanks for pointing it out.I'll try that also.

vidhu718