Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

how to install add-ins

hi all,
    i have a good problem actually....i have installed QTP s/w for my win2k...it asked me regarding a license code which i requested from the mercury people and they provided me with that...and now its working fine...but now the problem is while i am installing the add-ins(java and .net purchased seperately) its again asking me for a license code to install...i dont know whats the problem....its poping up the following error message...

"failed to install license ...either the license is invalid or already exists...."

i consulted the mercury people regarding....but still they didnt replly me....but please let me know because its really needed for me.....thanks a lot....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: how to install add-ins

Hi,

you need an extra licence code for the add-ins. Therefore you also have to send the maintenance number and the locking code of your machine to Mercury. Then you will get a seperate licence code for the Add-ins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi studentFH,
    I have installed evaluation version of QTP 8.0. I want to install .net add-in6.5.1 do i need to pay for it? i sent maintainance no. and locking code to mercury. but didn't receive any reply. If u know the procedure, pls let me know.
    Thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi bajay

do you already have the .net add-in?
    You don't have to pay for the add-in. They will send you a evaluation licence code for the add-in. Always be aware of the fact that you need different licences for QTP itself and for the add-ins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hi
    No we dont have. At the time of installation of QTP it asks for the ADd-ins to be installed. When selected a .net add-in, asks for the CD or folder containing 'setup.exe. Which folder is to be specified? thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I think you have downloaded the evaluation version of QTP from the mercury website. I don't know if you can also download an evaluation copy of the .net Add-in too. The Add-ins are not contained in the evaluiation version of QTP. If you cannot download the Add-in, you will have to contact Mercury and ask them to send you the .net Add-in. That should be no problem. They will send you a cd and for the Add-in you will then have to request another licence code. Therefore you will have to provide them with the maintenance number and the locking code of your machine once again, because you need different licence codes for QTP and for the Add-in.

[ 12-09-2004, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: studentFH ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Student FH
    You re right ,I have installed the Free Trial 14 day version .So will the mercury people grant me an add-in for free trial as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hi studentFH,
    do i need to send the maintainace number and locking code of the QTP6.5 cd ....or will there b any other separate numbers for add-ins cd...please let me know if its the same numbers for the add-ins cd also like the QTP cd's
    ....so that i can provide the mercury people with the existing numbers....thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi sivadeep,

Yes, for the Add-ins you need the same maintenance number and the same locking code that you have used for your QTP version. You will only get another licence key to activate the Add-in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hi studentFH,
    i got it..
    thanks,
    sivadeep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast