Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Another MTM question...

I've been using Multi-Test Manager with QTP 8.0 for a bit and have found it to be pretty decent, but I do have one sizable problem: when running through my tests, if it comes across a test that does not finish due to a run error, it reports the test as having passed. It reports failures due to checkpoint mismatches fine, however.

Anyone else encounter this problem or have an idea for a solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Another MTM question...

Won't bump again, but I wanted to try one more time with this question. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Im a newbie with QTP I have not mastered much [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But I noticed that when I was missing
    checkpoints or Synchronisation points on an event that confirms an operation is complete after recording it all ?

Note also that if you are in low level recording mode etc steps stop being atomically judged

(Im sure you have already ruled these out)

Im having troubles with scripting checkpoint on failure of VB script logic etc.

(I wish I would search within the QTP forum for a keyword/ topic !)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am having the same problem as mentioned by mgooding.

I am using a Recovery Scenario in my script where I take a snap shot on any error and then close certain windows.

Due to this recovery scenario the MTM report displays the result as Passed even if its Failed. Obviously this recovery scenario is called on error and without this recovery scenario MTM displays the correct result.

Any suggestions for this problem?
    NGera

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.