I have 3 questions about object repository in QTP 8.0. I am using central object repository for my website.
1. Is there anyway I can spy through all objects of all the pages on the website and add them in my object repository. I am looking out for feature similar to one we have in WinRunner where I select a page and it will capture all objects of the page.
2. Is any setting in QTP exist so that I can specify not to record objects in the object repository in recording mode.
3 Is any functions exist in QTP for loading object repository from the specific TestDirector path and specifying to the recorded script to use it for objects in the script.
1. Open Object Repository and click on 'Add Object'. Click on the Browser Titlebar for the page you want to add objects from. QTP will ask you if you want to add only that particular object or all of its sub-children or even descendants. Depending on what exactly you want, you could either add all children or direct descendants.
2. Your 2nd question seems a bit absurd. Why would you want to record if you aren't planning to work on the objects (in which case you will need them in the repository). However the simplest way around this would be to record and delete unwanted objects from the repository. Or save your repository (maybe even back it up), record and exit without saving the repository. I am not sure if that helped.
3. Again, I am not sure. The QTP documentation says its possible to load a shared object repository from Quality Center. I'm not so sure about TD though. You could try setting the repository path under 'Test>Settings>Resources'. I think it just might work.