QTP 8.0.1 - How do I record selection from dynamic HTML calendar?
tool: QuickTest Pro
I am trying to record a test in our web-based application, that has a calendar picker. However, I can't seem to get QTP to "record" the date that I picked. How do I get QTP to record such steps?
Info about the calendar date picker in our app:
- dynamic HTML calendar
- calendar picker is drawn when click on the calendar icon
- when click on the calendar icon, it adds elements to the DOM (dynamic object model)
- then click on a link generated in the DHTML layer to select the date from the calendar and populate the field.
- Either click the little [x] button to close the calendar or double-click the date to select and close the calendar
1) Open new test in QTP
2) Click record button.
3) Application URL opens to log in screen, log in successfully
4) Click on a link (e.g., create new job)
5) Click on calendar date picker icon
6) Calendar date picker "applet" opens to current month
7) Double-Click to select a date (e.g., 29)
8) Calendar picker closes and date field is populated.
9) complete entering/selecting rest of new job details
10) Log out
11) Open QTP window, click Stop button (to stop recording)
Upon review of the test steps recorded, I see that the calendar date picker icon WAS clicked successfully, but there are no step(s) that recorded the selection of the date from the calendar.
Re: QTP 8.0.1 - How do I record selection from dynamic HTML calendar?
Hey all - I found one way around the problem:
when in Record mode, right before the step where I click on the calendar, I can click Tools > Low-Level Recording. Then record the click of the date on the calendar using the Windows pixel coordinates. Then hop back out to QTP and turn off Low-Level Recording to continue capture of the rest of the steps.
Works like a charm. Now I just have to hope that calendar pop-up doesn't move around on me.