Hi all...

I have an interesting problem. I am testing a Java App with QTP 8.0 and the Java Add-In 6.5 (patches installed).

My application has multiple objects that the user can manage. They are all of similar enough type that the development staff decided to use the same base class for the management windows. This base class is where all of the properties that QTP uses for ID come from, sooo...

If I have more than one open at a time (which might happen and needs to be tested) QTP cannot determine which is which based on the recorded properties.

The one property that I know will be different is the title (label). HOWEVER, this label changes based on the object the user selected to manage, so I would have to add, in run time, every TO if I used this, since the user can change it... (FUN HUH!!)

I know I can use DP for this, but since all the sub-buttons, lists, tables, etc., would have to be DP as well, that means quite a bit of work.

Do any of you know a way to do this with DP only on the base object? Or what about Properties collections? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Sorry for the long read... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

krstcs