Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

how do I record the bitmap when a button is pressed/ mousedown?

how do I record the bitmap when a button is pressed/ mousedown? I need the bitmap that is shown when a button is pressed but I have no idea how to get the image. I tried doing it on the active screen but the image generated is not the same. When I try to capture the image through the actual page, i can't get the moused down image of the button. Thanks for the help in advance! Hope someone could help me.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: how do I record the bitmap when a button is pressed/ mousedown?

Don't understand fully. What are you trying to acheive exactly?
    I like what i know and I know what i like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

When I mousedown, the bitmap of the button changes to a different color. I need to get the mousedown picture of the button. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Are you talking about the active-screen for you script? If you are select the step in your script where you want the screenshot to be. Then open your app and get it to the point where the button is shown after the mousedown. Go back to the script, go to Tools -> Change Active screen. The pointing hand mechanism is shown, now click on your app. That should replace your active screen. If this is not what you are talking about please be more descriptive. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

When you click a button, you visualy see it depress on the screen. At the basic level, SilverGrey is trying to do a bitmap validation of the depressed button...although in his specific case it sounds like the change in the buttons appearance is more dramatic. The problem is, QTP process the entire Click as one unit...in order to do what you want, you need to find a way to split it up into MouseDown and MouseUp. This is really an excellant question, and I am looking for a solution...but no luck so far.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorry if its kinda vague, david got it though. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Hope i could find the solution for this.

Lei

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How about changing the record settings in QTP where the selection of MouseUp/MouseDown record as click (in Tools>Options>Web / advanced. Also there is the 'use standard Windows mouse events'. Might that help?
    I like what i know and I know what i like