I am a beginner.I am trying to record some scripts in QTP 6.0.
I have TWO issues:
1)I am typing date in date field of given Sample application(Flight) this action is not generating the corresponding scripts.What i mean to say is QTP is not recognising this particular action.Why?
2)QTP is not playbacking the scripts properly especially if it menu driven
For example let us assume that i want to close the application iam selecting File menu and Exit option. The corresponding scripts are generated but while play back QTP prompting the error message(Run Error)
Error displayed while playback is : Cannot identify the item (for object "Menu"). Verify that this item's properties match an item currently displayed in your application.
In object repository,it showing the descriptions for menu but not for File and Exit.
Thats All... It is getting strucked there itself....
Even myself...... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Pls help me in this regard,
I am struggling a lot with QTP.
I have used Winrunner,Loadrunner,Astra products and also silktest,
I dont know whats wrong
did i made anything wrong or
anything should be considered while playback.
i have tried with various application such as notepad,paint,caculator......Ooops....!!!!!!!!???? ???!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Help me ASAP [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Be DEAF when people tell YOU that YOU can not fulfil YOUR dreams!
Always think:I can do this!
Could be a problem with QTP.... I've encountered a problem similar to this where QTP just stopped recording. I managed to fix it by doing the following...
Use regsvr32 to register/unregister a DLL or OCX file:
To unregister a DLL or OCX file:
1. Go to Start -> Run.
2. Type: "regsvr32.exe /u <path to file>.<dll/ocx>."
regsvr32.exe /u C:\temp\mylibrary.dll
regsvr32.exe /u C:\temp\mycontrol.ocx
To fill in the full path quickly, you can drag the file from Windows Explorer to the Run dialog.
1. Go to Start -> Run and type "regsvr32 /u "
2. Open Windows Explorer and find the file.
3. Drag the file from the Windows Explorer window into the Run dialog window. This will enter the full path to the DLL or OCX file.
4. Click <OK>.
To register several DLL and OCX files at once, do the following:
1. Shut down Astra QuickTest/QuickTest Professional (AQT/QTP).
2. On the machine, with administration rights, preferably local admin, invoke the DOS window.
3. Change to the install drive letter (eg c
4. Change directory (cd) to the <AQT/QTP installation>\bin directory (eg. cd program files\mercury interactive\Astra QuickTest\bin)
5. Run the following line to register all the DLLs in the directory:
for %i in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %i
6. Run the following line to register all the OCXs in the directory:
for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 /s %i
7. Restart QTP.
Miregsvr.bat file :
Run this file from the path C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\ Miregsvr.bat .
However if all else fails then re-install QTP after uninstalling and that should cure the problem.