This is regarding a problem we are facing in viewing run results while running QTP automation scripts directly from Test Director (QTP and Test Director are interlinked).

Let me brief through the steps that I am following.

I would initially go to QTP à Tools à test Director Connection and connect to the TD. (Successful in doing this).
Open test Director and navigate to Test Lab and run an Automation script from there. This automatically opens QTP and runs the Test. The result file is stored on the Server where TD exists with some arbitrary name.

Details of the run result file

Test: test1

Results Name : Run 5-13 12-26-33

Run started: 5/13/2004 - 12:26:34

Run ended: 5/13/2004 - 12:27:18

Points to be noted here are

· Although in QTP the option “view Results when test run ends” is set it’s not popping up the run results. (This works fine if a file is directly opened from QTP connected to TD and run)

· The test results name is dynamically getting created. How do I give a desired name?

· If I need to view the results I should go to the server where TD is hosted and view them. Is there an alternative of storing the test results in local file system and view it?

I tried programmatically to store the run results at specified location using the following script

Set qtResultsOpt = CreateObject("QuickTest.RunResultsOptions") ' Create the Run Results Options object
qtResultsOpt.ResultsLocation = "C:\Tests\Test1\Res1"

But it gives me runtime error “ActiveX component can't create object: 'QuickTest.RunResultsOptions”.

What settings need to be done previously to execute creation of an ActiveX objects code?

Thanks for reading a lengthy query!