Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Variables lose the value

Hi all,
    I have come across a problem which peole have told me before but this is very funny yet complicated I feel.I have declared the variables for a Login.I am picking up the Username and Password from an external Excel sheet.

Once a user logs in,he performs some transactions and than logs out.This continue for all the users in the Sheet.

Now once I have assigned the value of Row and Column, i increment it for each subsequent row.My problem is the variable is losing the value in between after first run and it does not enter the loop as the Username has a null value.

e.G:
    dim UserName
    dim UserName_Row
    din UserName_Column
    UserName_Row = 2
    UserName_Column = 2

UserName = xlDataSheet.Cells(UserName_Row,UserName_Column)

While UserName <> ""

Perform transactions

UserName_Row = UserName_Row + 1
    Wend

But the loop works only for one User.One thing is the transaction code is pretty big and it has lot of inherent looping.Even variables inside that loop are losing values.

I am unable to think of a solution for this.Please let me know if someone has confronted this issue before.

Thanks in anticipation,
    Trace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Variables lose the value

You are not getting "UserName" again after the first iteration.

Try this...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">
    Do
    UserName = &lt;get cell data here&gt;
    &lt;transaction&gt;
    UserRow = UserRow + 1
    Loop While UserName &lt;&gt; &quot;&quot;
    </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Hope that helps...
    krstcs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Variables lose the value

Hi krstcs,
    Thanks a lot.Do While loop worked after eliminating some loops from my script.I did had to hard code column names earlier I was searching for the column but the code inside the main loop is working fine.Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Trace