Hello all. I've got a unique problem which I have no idea on how to solve. I've got a very simple script recorded. I've set this script up to run 5 iterations, inputting or selecting different data each time.
When I replay this script back, it will run through the first iteration just fine...all objects are found and the correct data is inserted. However, on the second iteration, the script always fails at the same object! It's odd because it found and used this object on the first iteration with no problems at all. I've checked the properties of the object, and there are no dynamic properties. I've run spy on the object and it can ID the object just fine. I've recorded the object alone, and that also works fine. I'm at a loss as to what could be changing during the second iteration.
The best way to debug/identify the problem is record the script for two iterations, 2 iterations must be reacorded same including the object logical names, if there is any change means the object properties are changing dynamically during runtime. Thats the reason QTP is failing to identify the object in the second iteration.
When it is failing rerecord the line again and see how QTP is recording, if QTP records different than the original line means some properties changing dynamically, find out what are those and try to use some static properties to identify the objects.