Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Running the same test on multiple websites

The company I work for has multiple websites based on the same template. I want to be able to run the one test on a number of different URL's, without having to manually go through and modify the test each time.

Is there any way to do this?

Many thanks,
    Cade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Running the same test on multiple websites

Cade,

You could parameterize the the browser address

I start up my tests using the

SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", DataTable("url", dtLocalSheet), "", "open"

Please note the DataTable("url", dtLocalSheet)
    If I have 4 entries in my datatable for "url" then my test will run 4 times. Just be sure to click on your action properties then click, "Run", and select, "Run on all rows". This will allow your test to run your action once for each record you have in your datatable.

Let me know if you need more clarification for this.

Good luck,
    -Strudel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, I'm a newbie through and through:
    * I need to put that line "SystemUtil.Run...etc" as the first line in expert view?
    * Then add local datatable called 'url' with list of url's I want to test?
    * Then run the test and it should work?

That's wat I've done but when I run the test it returns a General Run Error and asks me to skip, stop, retry etc. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks for your help thus far,
    Cade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Advice:
    Record your script with your browser starting on about:blank. your first action will be entering a url in the address bar. This will generate the line Browser("something").Navigate "somewhere".
    Replace the "somewhere" with DataTable("<column name>, dtGlobalSheet/dtLocalSheet/<sheet name&gt (use one of the three). for this to work you to verify that you name a column in the data sheet you chose (dtGlobalSheet maps to the Global Sheet, dtLocalSheet will map to an sheet with the action's name - usually action1, or a datasheet you chose by name). to do this, double click the column letter and choose a new name for it.

The outcome should look like:
    Browser("something").Navigate DataTable("URL", dtGlobalSheet)
    if you chose to name the column you use URL and put it in the globalsheet.
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Doron