Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

FYI, iterating through objects on a page

I had an interesting problem that Mercury gave me a solution to. Thought you all might be interested in this...

I have a webtable that displays a list of bank accounts. In the left-most column is a radio button used to select the account to work with. It's relatively easy to search the table and find the account to work with, by row index. The problem is that when using the WebRadioGroup.Select method, the value is an index corresponding to the order that the records were added to the database, which is different than the sort order of the records in the table. Therefore, there is no way for me to match up the row index with the radio button index for the record I want to select.

If record clicking from top to bottom in the table, I get the following:

Browser("Browser").Page("Manage Accounts").WebRadioGroup("Account Selectors").Select "1"
    Browser("Browser").Page("Manage Accounts").WebRadioGroup("Account Selectors").Select "0"
    Browser("Browser").Page("Manage Accounts").WebRadioGroup("Account Selectors").Select "2"
    Browser("Browser").Page("Manage Accounts").WebRadioGroup("Account Selectors").Select "4"
    Browser("Browser").Page("Manage Accounts").WebRadioGroup("Account Selectors").Select "3"

The solution provided from Mercury was to iterate through all the input objects on the page, identify just the radio buttons, then click on the one I want. In this case, the buttons are indexed in the order they appear on the screen.

<---begin code snippet--->
    'Get array of input objects on the screen
    Set inputObjs = Browser("Browser").Page("Manage Accounts").Object.all.tags("INPUT")

i=0
    RowToSelect=3 'Row index to be selected
    'Loop through each input object
    for each element in inputObjs
    ' Check if it's a radiobutton.
    if element.getAttribute("type") = "radio" then
    i=i+1
    if(i=RowToSelect) then
    element.click
    end if
    end if
    Next
    <---end code snippet--->

I can see this technique being VERY useful in other situations where you're having trouble finding a particular object to work with. Kudos to Mercury Tech Support for this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: FYI, iterating through objects on a page

Excellent. Thanks for sharing this info.
    Hope to see many more like this.