Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Retrieving the HTTP ERROR CODE

Hi
    Iam facing some problem in retrieving the HTML error code of a page.
    Ex: Say if a page is not there u get 404 as error code. But the same error page may not be displayed.
    My QTN is how to capture the HTTP error code of a page(if any) using AQT
    Pls reply at the earliest
    Gururaj Joshi

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Retrieving the HTTP ERROR CODE

Nobody ever seems to have answered the question above, so I'ld like to repost it. I have a web-application that frequently returns HTTP 500 errors. This can appear on any page. I'ld like to check the http return code on the screen each time the script navigates to a new window.

I could rather easily create a function that does a GUI check to see whether an error has occurred. However, I can imagine that it would also be possible to create a function that checks the HTTP return code itself (like in LoadRunner). Anyone has an idea how to achieve this last possibility?

Regards and thanks in advance!

Jorge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Gururaj,

QTP doesn't have any function to get directly the HTTP error code. You can do this only by getting the page innerHTML and search it for the specified error, if it finds log an error. You can create generalised function to do this.

Thanks
    Satya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Guruaj the problem with HTTP error codes is that they are trapped at the server-side (e.g. IIS).

As QTP is concerned by client-side processes and not server side (like LoadRunner) it doesn't seem to be directly accessible from QTP (don't know if WSH or VBS can access the information).

You can access the server-side logs and peruse them but it's quite labour intensive.

Mark.