Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Question

Quote Originally Posted by a.irvine View Post
    If you're working with a table, you could try using the column names.
    Otherwise, I would probably use Insight in conjunction with Visual Relation Identifiers so that I could work semi-graphically.

Visual Relation Identifier Dialog Box
    Hi,

What is the difference between working with virtual objects and Insight objects, in UFT ?
    In which version was Insight introduced, and what did it come to solve that did not exist before in UFT?

Thank-you.
    If it's working... don't touch it!

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Lior,

Insight was introduced in 11.50 - so quite a while ago now.

I'm not sure what you mean by Virtual Objects so I'm going to assume you're talking about descriptive programming.
    To use DP, you need to know what properties your Run Object is going to reliably expose, and this can be very difficult when you're working with a generated/dynamic UI.

Insight solves this problem by using an image of the object, rather than its programmatic properties.

I found some other notes on Insight at these sites:
    A guide to Image-Based Testing with HP UFT’s “Insight” - Micro Focus SW Community
    The Power of Insight Object - Automated-360

Regards,
    Alex
    Regards,

Alex
    ... just another Tester ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12