Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is there a way in UFT to save/load all settings including Add-ins and others

Hello,

Is there an option in UFT where you can save all the Settings including Add-ins information and others that you can load to another machine/server and have all the same Settings for you?

In SilkTest, they provide an option to save your stuffs in like a Test Suite or whatever extension (sorry I forgot now) and when you open/load that file, all your settings get automatically loaded too.

Thank you.
    Gilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hello,

Got a suggestion from the HP UFT Forum to use the "Generate Script" option and include something like
    'Associate Add-ins for Test
    ret = App.Test.SetAssociatedAddins(Array("Web", "ExtJS"), errDesc)
    If Not ret Then
    MsgBox "There was an error while loading the Addins for the test." & errDesc,,"Aut"
    Set App = Nothing
    WScript.Quit
    End If

Let us know if you have any other suggestions.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I replied to your post on HP forum. If the script is triggered from ALM/QC, then the settings are taken care by default.

But if it's not via ALM/QC, I learned that there's a better tool to generate these settings. You could use 'RunTime Engine Settings' tool to generate all script specific settings to a .vbs file and re-use it on another machine.
    Rajkumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Gilbert,
    I have not heard of what you mentioned.
    ret = App.Test.SetAssociatedAddins(Array("Web", "ExtJS"), errDesc)

I have not tried it but could you use the App.Test type code above for every setting that you want?
    You can put it in the place where UFT runs startup code. I am now wondering if it would work. I may need to try to see which items can be changed through code. It sounds like a good blog article.

Thanks,

Kevin
    When in Florida, Don't Tampa with the code. I made this up.