Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Microfocus and HPE

I was at an HPE conference in London yesterday on Octane and the recent Microfucus/HPE announcement was addressed by the European head of HPE. The salient points are as follows:

It's a merger, HPE are twice as big as MF
    HPE reporting to HP is restrictive and is a major project development overhead, breaking away from HP means they are in control of direction and allows them to deliver much quicker.
    ALM and UFT are not going away, they are an important part of the continuous integration roadmap.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Mark,
    The information is appreciated.

Did they mention anything about competing with open source tools? For example is there a way to have something such as instances of web drivers so we can run a bunch of browsers at the same time like I think Selenium can.

Thanks,

Kevin
    When in Florida, Don't Tampa with the code. I made this up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Good question Kevin.

They did say after trying to compete with some very good open source apps (Jenkins, Chef, Docker etc.) they realised it was better to integrate with them.

They did display a slide of what they integrated with from a CI perspective, they didn't issue any slides but I have asked them for some. If they respond I'll post them here.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Mark,
    I am on a brand new project. I am very familiar with UFT and want to switch to open sources tools. I have studied them a lot but have limited hands on experience. Does it make better sense to start creating my own framework or are there partial frameworks already made? I know about Webdriver, Gershkin with Jira and all of that kind of direction. I'm a bit afraid to jump in the water and learning as I go. Are there standard ways of going about this or will it be the same for me as when thousands of teams built similar Keyword / Datadriven harnesses that have a lot of similarities?
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    When in Florida, Don't Tampa with the code. I made this up.