Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

cannot recognise child objects yet it can with DP

I get a count in the collection of 0 yet it does perform the highlight and click - Can you tell me what i did wrong in my collection statement?
    Thanks
    Joe

Set obj_WebRadioGroup = Description.Create

obj_WebRadioGroup ("Class Name").value = "WebElement"
    xapthname = "//DIV[@id=""bpa-structures-single-home""]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/LABEL[1]/SPAN[1]"
    obj_WebRadioGroup ("xpath").value= xapthname
    If Browser("micclass:=Browser","creationtime:=0","nam e:=Sydney Water Tap in - Building plan approval application").Page("micclass:=Page").WebElement(ob j_WebRadioGroup).exist(0) Then
    Browser("micclass:=Browser","creationtime:=0","nam e:=Sydney Water Tap in - Building plan approval application").Page("micclass:=Page").WebElement(ob j_WebRadioGroup).highlight
    Browser("micclass:=Browser","creationtime:=0","nam e:=Sydney Water Tap in - Building plan approval application").Page("micclass:=Page").WebElement(ob j_WebRadioGroup).Click
    msgbox "found it"
    End If
    Set oColl = Browser("micclass:=Browser","creationtime:=0").Pag e("micclass:=Page").ChildObjects(obj_WebRadioGroup )
    iCount = oColl.Count

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I am curious why the name attribute is not in the oColl Set statement two lines from the bottom.
    Could that be the difference? It cannot find the Browser with out this?
    Will the exist, highlight and click work without it?

Thanks,

Kevin
    When in Florida, Don't Tampa with the code. I made this up.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I don't think that would have an impact unless he has multiple browsers open to different pages. This should be sufficient to find a single open browser: Browser("creationtime:=0").
    Dennis Belew

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I'm wondering if the obj_WebRadioGroup is the lowest level object in the path. Maybe the obj_WebRadioGroup is the entire object. I wouldn't expect it to show the different choices of the object as individual child objects. I'm not sure how childobjects is supposed to work on Radio Groups.

Thanks,

Kevin
    When in Florida, Don't Tampa with the code. I made this up.