| || |
AUT crashes intermittently on Windows 10 when accessing File Open/Save/Save As
I have developed about 100 automated test scripts that for some time have been working perfectly in the windows 7 environments (Which our IT department has secured). Recently, we have started the migration to Windows 10 (Also secured). The problem being is that when the AUT attempts to Open, Save, Save As it will crash the AUT. This problem does not occur when UFT is not running (UFT 12.53).
• When the AUT is issued a command to open the File Save/Save As/Open command the AUT shuts down (about 40% chance) with no error message.
• Could not determine cause of crash through Audit Logs. (addressed all System Audit logs)
• UFT only gives error message that the next step, requiring the dialog box, is not available.
• Reset “File Explorer” preferences (popular internet issue with Win 10)
• Works with or without UAC running
• Cleared .NET temp files from user profile
• Black Box System.
• UFT Must be open (Manual testing works)
Any ideas, no matter how crazy are welcome
Ok.. I have continued to work on this problem. I have installed a fresh version of Windows 10 x64 LTSB on the computer system. One thing of note in particular that I notice is that when UFT is running, I am unable to open up a "Settings" dialog box from windows (For example if you wanted to change resolution or personalize your desktop). Is this normal ?
It's been a while since I done any native application work. But in my past experience, one of the things I'd check are the DLLs and all the add-ins. Occasionally a single add in gets corrupted, or a bad update to one of them causes everything to become unreliable.
Originally Posted by stadlerc
Tags for this Thread