Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

F1 difficult to Use?

Does F1 in UFT 12.02 Patch 1 give anyone trouble?

I go to the index and look for ExitTest or Exit Test. It does not show a result.

I type ExitTest in my code. Click on it and it shows me information about it. Also I can see that it is listed under Utilities.

I think it should have brought me there when I typed in ExitScript in the first place.

Thanks,

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Just type in "exittest" (quotes included) in the Search field and that should give you what you are looking for.

BTW: Patch 2 for UFT 12.02 Build 3144 in now available (including some improvements in memory leak issues and more)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Gilbert,
    I appreciate the double quotes information and also the 12.02 news.

On LinkedIn Joe Colantino is talking about UFT 12.50 and LeanFT. I will start a thread.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    It's annoying me that it doesn't take you straight too it. A lot of things I am finding out about this tool over QTP is bugging me. Mostly the memory leak issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hey Peter...Good to see you on this board.
    The memory lead issue is causing me a lot of trouble. Also knowing when to register PDM.dll and debug2.dll(correct spelling) is annoying. The install could check this and give the installer choices.
    I have to log/off on my machine every hour or more when debugging with F10/F11.
    Winrunner, QTP, UFT during their lifetimes seem almost great. It comes so close to working but then there are hidden blockages that many of us encounter.
    I don't know why it is always so close to being nearly perfect and then we hit a flaw.
    Now it is working with all new front ends and APIs. So the memory leak crops up. When speaking with HP support and notifying them of an issue I have to fill in special forms and run a utility. How about giving us something for our effort.
    Maybe I shouldn't complain too loudly. I am invested in HP stocks.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    HP Stocks...... SELL SELL SELL ;-)