Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HP ALM and QTP Integration issue <No addins installed message shows>

hi folks,

I have UFT 12.0 and HP ALM 11.52. Im able to connected alm from the UFT and view the test plan .But when i do the same in reverse looking the script or library from the HP alm .I get the following message .<Alm cannot display the steps because the relevant UFT or quick test add in not installed .You can download the UFT or QTP addins from the addins page>.When i install the add in it gives the message <UFT already installed on this computer,so u need to install the addin as a part of UFT installation >.But when i try to install from the installation .it says <UFT alm add in needs to be uninstalled to proceed .UFT ALM addin is the integral part of the installtion >

Please guide me here

Thanks ,
    Sai

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Because your ALM server is running v11.52 when you go to the addins page on your ALM server it gives you the addin for UFT 11.52.
    This doesn't work with UFT 12.x

You need to run the ALM addin installation from the UFT installer.
    You will need to UNINSTALL the v11.52 version first.
    Regards,

Alex
    ... just another Tester ...