Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Formatting Request XML file

Hi,

We have 5000 + request input xml files being used in our project currently. Previsouly we were using a Java Client developed internally by the developers for submitting these xml files and getting the response.

Currently i am working on developing a UFT API script to submit these xml files. I tried to use the Request XML as it is in UFT, it didn't give me any syntax error. But the execution results shows the error "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object". I added the <Envelope> and <Body> elements in the Text tab in UFT and it started giving syntax error. Eventhough it was showing the syntax error, the test results looked good.

I spend a lot of time trying to figure out the syntax error issue and finally found that i had to add xmlns="" in each of the child nodes.

I haven't working on web service testing in the past. Can someone help me understand why do i have to add this text in each child node? the problem is we already have 5000 + input xml files and updating this attribute in each childelement may not be easy.

Thanks

JJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    UFT is not great for this kind of thing, we have built a framework using SoapUI NG Pro, Groovy & Java to do something similar and it works very well.

Mark Smith.