Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    We are using the built-in UFT/ALM version control - v12.01.

This has only been observed a couple of times, and I'm still not sure of the symptoms (i.e., where this alien code is coming from). As I recall, it seemed to be from a much older version. Note that we have seen similar issues when checking out the Object Repository. Again, I apologize as I'm short on details here. This has been reported to me by my team and has not yet been properly documented. I will post more information asap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    cqao,
    It is ironic that we are now testing and doing version control on version control.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    What I find really funny is since we are out of support contract we still have QTP 10...and it works just fine even on IE11.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUse4aName View Post
    What I find really funny is since we are out of support contract we still have QTP 10...and it works just fine even on IE11.
    No Use....
    In that case, you're not missing out on much by not upgrading. Everything I looked forward to in UFT 12, has let me down...
    For example.
    IDE - Code Completion and intellisense is not much better... Still cant get to QFL functions from classes...
    UFT Solution entity, UFT now allows you to add multiple tests into a "Solution" which saves you from having to open individual tests separately... But UFT is limited to only lets you add around 10 tests. Probably due to their huge memory management issues.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Re opening multiple tests: I agree this was a bit of a let down. It seemed like it was going to save a bunch of flipping back and forth, but it's not an intuitive as I had expected. Seems strange that the scripts have to be "added to the solution"... A bit of fear that that may actually somehow conflate the scripts at runtime.

Also (as a shop that doesn't leverage actions, and so scripts and actions and 1:1), it's annoying that opening a script opens two tabs. One for the action level view, which is useless for us but DOES have the test script name on its tab. And one for the expert-view of the vbscript, which is what we want except now its tab has the (unhelpful) action name! Ugh.

However, I'm surprised you say intellisense is not better. The styling is improved, and we've noticed a significant increase in the the speed UFT is able to generate the list. Used to always be that the first time you entered a "." in the code, QTP would take a long moment to return control (presumably while indexing)
    Last edited by cqao; 03-06-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Darren,
    I'm having the same issue as you. The HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component is happening all of the time.
    I am wondering why I am having the same issues as you. I see a general consensus that UFT is having defects like these but I don't see much discussion regarding it.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    we are in the process of upgrading from QTP 11 to UFT 12. breakpoints haven't worked correctly in QTP for awhile. good to know it still doesn't work ;P

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I'm enjoying UFT12.51 (and LeanFT!), but previous 12.x versions and 11.50 were pretty flaky... !

"Flaky"
    - crashing when stepping through code
    - crashing when running with temp results
    - crashing when updating a shared Object Repo

I feel like I'm in a good place at the moment with UFT11.53 and UFT12.51.. they both seem pretty good.
    Regards,

Alex
    ... just another Tester ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Anyone else seeing huge improvements jumping to 12.51?

Issues with all the other versions really boil down to performance issues and crashing.
    I agree with another poster's comment about it opening 2 tabs when opening a test. No need to have that one screen with the bubbles.
    I also hate that the Print Log won't stay a floating window. For over 10 years we depended upon it to display our test results in real time, and to use it as a result file.
    Before you could see all your functions associated to a test listed in the left pain, but now you need to go through each function file one by one to see them.
    Even searching in the HELP crashes.

Seems they added all these useless features that are causing all these performance issues. Even with a 16GB RAM, Quad Core, 500 GB HD machines I am having performance and crashing issues with UFT. And support usually acts as if I am the only customer experiencing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by a.irvine View Post
    I'm enjoying UFT12.51 (and LeanFT!), but previous 12.x versions and 11.50 were pretty flaky... !

"Flaky"
    - crashing when stepping through code
    - crashing when running with temp results
    - crashing when updating a shared Object Repo

I feel like I'm in a good place at the moment with UFT11.53 and UFT12.51.. they both seem pretty good.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    HP will always be the Lucy, the football will always be the "next version of UFT" and we will always be the Charlie Brown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast