Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

UFT support for UI built using AngularJS

Hello All,

I am a beginner in UFT automation and in my company the entire app's old UI is getting replaced with the new UI built using angular JS.

I just tried to record some basic scripts using the new UI and UFT 12 but UFT doesn't recognize angular JS.

I just want to know how should I go about it? is there any addin which i need to add specifically?

please help me on this

Thanks,
    Sai

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    hello All,

Just an update. I tried to record using insight recording mode and looks like am able to play back the recorded script. but is this the way to move forward?

any alternate way for UFT to recognize angular.js objects by adding addin or something?

please respond to my query.

Thanks
    Sai

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Sai,

Doing it with Insight recording would be a big big NO! Angular JS is JS side framework and that's why you will need to either check with HP if they are planning to release a plugin for this. Or else you will need to write web extensibility add-in or execute custom java script code.

For making it a success you will need to understand Java script well. Look at the protactor open source project and you may get some insights into how it works

Regards,
    Tarun

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I don't see why Angular for say being any more difficult than any other Single Page apps. You're creating directives, but inside directives are still plain old HTML elements. I don't have UFT to try this out, so I'm just answering based on my knowledge as an Angular developer.

What you might fight difficult on is on the synchronizing the test actions with the timing of how the page responds. Since you don't have that page load event that naturally signals your automation tool to wait before continuing and the transition of states/pages, you tend to have to use more wait wrappers with single page apps.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Angular JS with UFT: Do you have the Web 2.0 extension installed?

Try running a repair on your UFT. When the set up wizard comes up click on the Web2.0 extension. Once installed when you open UFT you will see some new add-ins under the web add-in in the add-in manager. Try selecting the ExtJS add-in and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I don't see why Angular for say being any more difficult than any other Single Page apps. You're creating directives, but inside directives are still plain old HTML elements. I don't have UFT to try this out, so I'm just answering based on my knowledge as an Angular developer.

What you might fight difficult on is on the synchronizing the test actions with the timing of how the page responds. Since you don't have that page load event that naturally signals your automation tool to wait before continuing and the transition of states/pages, you tend to have to use more wait wrappers with single page apps.
    Bye for now