Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Breakpoints not working using load function library

Hi All,

I am facing weird scenario in my framework where break point doesnt seem to work.

My Framework structure is -

Action -->
    The action driver script contains function to load the function library from QC test plan at run time using Load function library statement and another function which calls actual framework core script which has been stored in library file called driver.qfl ( This will be loaded by the Load function library statement) . The core framework script was moved to qfl file as my client wanted one driver script for each test case and was not getting convinced how many ever times we told thats a bad approach which will lead to maintenance. So in order to reduce the burden of maintenance i moved the core functionality into a qfl file, so that any modifications will be reflected across all driver scripts.

Driver.qfl-->
    This qfl downloads all other resources like Datasheet, Test case sheet, OR from QC to temp location and reads the Keywords from the Test case sheet and executes the corresponding function for those keywords. Since the keywords from test case sheet are pushed to a variable i was forced to use 'Eval' statement to execute the function assocaited with a Keyword. All these functions related to keywords are placed in another library called Application_Library.qfl

Now if i keep the breakpoint in Application_Library.qfl, the script wont stop there. If i associate all these library files to my action (instead of load function library) then the break points work fine.

Could anyone please post as to why is not working and what i am doing wrong. Also let me know if you need any more details.

I am using UFT 11.53

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by VnM; 12-30-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    VnM,

Could it have anything to do with the setting for run fast/normal?

There is something about a situation or mode in UFT where it skips break points.

Are breakpoints working for you at all if you run another script?

Is there a newer version of loadfunctionlibrary? Something such as loadandrunfunction library? Perhaps someone reading this can point me in the right direction on this idea.

Do you have access to UFT 12.01 to try it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    i am also using similar approach but having .vbs extension, using QTP 11 and UFT 12.1 versions.i did not faced any issues with breakpoints
    ------------
    Chikki
    when things gets harder ,the harder gets going

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I am running my scripts in Normal mode and the break point works fine when i associate the library files from local and run the script. Issue occurs only when i am using loadfunctionlibrary to load qfl files from QC. No i dont have access to 12.01. We just upgraded from QTP 11 to UFT 11.53

Hi Chikki,
    Thanks for the reply. Will change the extensions to .vbs and try once and will post the updates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi VNM,

Did changing to .vbs worked for you.
    ------------
    Chikki
    when things gets harder ,the harder gets going

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Chikki,

I changed to .vbs and tried and still the script did not stop. Is the Eval statement in driver library qfl creating issues ?

Sorry for the late reply. I was having fever and had not gone to office.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Also one more observation is in Action the breakpoint is working fine. From Action if i keep pressing F11 and goto a function call, then even qfl files will get opened containing the function. Here if in this qfl if i keep break point and try to run then also it wont stop. but F11 is working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I'm guessing that you tried cancelling all of the break points and then setting one again. I noticed that UFT 12.1 remembers break points from the last time that the script was opened. It is unlike 11.0 where it would forget them.
    Perhaps there is a bad one someplace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    If the Eval statement builds a string that calls a function such as
    DoSomething(x,y,z) and there is no return value on the left side either put a dummy return value or a call on the left side.
    I remember this making eval work a bit better. For me the byVal values were not returning through the x,y,z until I added the Call.
    Maybe it would make the breakpoints work better. Probably not, but it is something I'd try.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    VnM, I would suggest you to upgrade to 12.01 or 12.02 to get it sorted. Breakpoint has issue with LoadFunctionLibrary call in 11.5x and as I can see, 12.01 seems to fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast