Possible 'memory leak' issue in UFT ?
Doing the following scenario, it seems like there is some kind of 'memory leak' issue in UFT 12 (maybe same in UFT 11.5x).
- Run UFT and open a script
- Open the Windows Task Manager, select the Processes tab start watching the Memory Usage for UFT.exe
approximately 200,000 KB (in my case with Windows 7 32-bit) Add-ins I use are: .NET, ActiveX, Flex, Web
- Open the Object Repository
- Use the Spy Tool at least once
- Record a line of code (optional)
- Leave UFT alone (stop doing any task/action in UFT)
- Keep monitoring the Memory Usage of UFT.exe in Task Manager
The starting 200,000 KB jumped to like 400,000 KB.
Then it started eating up memory little by little.
It goes like 400,012 then 400,024 then 400,012 then 400,024 then 400,036 then 400,024 and so on.
In my case, it went up to around 500,000 KB or more.
Has anyone else seen a similar issue in UFT?
We are seeing an issue on virtual machines where the QTP scripts are run via Jenkins, v11.53 causes the VM to run out of memory. We have reverted back to v11 until HP resolve our ticket.
The issue does not happen on non-virtual machines.
Unfortunately, it happens on my machine which is a non-virtual machine :< . It is a Dell notebook PC running on Windows 7 32-bit.
I hope HP has this fixed soon since I have no immediate plan to switch down to the UFT 11.5x version.
Our VM's are running W7 32-Bit too.