I'm hoping that someone's had this happen to them and managed to fix the problem.

I wrote an action that connects to an Oracle database and queries results. Up until recently, it worked perfectly. I tried loading and running it yesterday and UFT locked up. It could be some Microsoft updates that were pushed to our machines by our IT department but I've manually updated the OS with all available Microsoft updates available and it's still happening. I've done a clean install of UFT 11 and 12. I've uninstalled the 32 bit Oracle OLE driver and reinstalled it. The script still causes UFT to lock up.

Today, in order to troubleshoot things, I wrote the following simple script:

GetOracleConnection = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=([removed for security]);user id=[removed];Password=[removed];"
Set OracleConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set OracleDB = CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")

The script causes UFT, when opened normally and run, to crash when it hits the OracleConnection.Open command. When the script is executed with Silent Test Runner, it runs FINE and completes the action successfully.

Has anyone else run into this?

I've been trying to figure this one out for two solid days now and I can't pinpoint where the problem might be. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.