hello, i ran into a problem after editing some function libraries. What i did is something like this:
- ran the test. Opened (read only mode) some library.
- try to edit some functions -> warning that read only mode + choose to change to write mode.
- made my changes + reruns (and some other edits as well)
- at some point, when i tried to save, i could not save the file. Thought it was a qtp error, so i closed and reopen qtp.
- Missing resource warning-> that file that i edited was no longer available, and to my surprise it was delete from the hard drive as well.
I tried to run recuva to recover lost files, with no success
Any other suggestions please?
This is the first time I have seen a deleted file case. I had one such accident with QTP, where running a script deleted all files from my system and crashed. I had to use a file recovery software to recover lot of my stuff. So you also have only one option left, that is to use a file recovery tool. If you can't recover that then its lost mostly
Also, use this as a learning experience to start using a version control tool or at least take external backups.