User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    1 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

QTP Pega Automation Issue

We are facing show stopper issue while automating Pega applications using QTP 11 in windows XP.

Issue Desc:
    1. Application is developed using Pega PRPC 6.3 version and we are using QTP 11.
    2. We are able to develop scripts for the AUT as it is opened in IE 8 browser using web and VB add-in.
    3. When we execute the scripts, it works perfectly fine for 10 runs of execution. During the 11th run, we are getting object identification issues in weblist which was passing earlier.
    example: Browser("Pega").Page("Pega").Frame("Pega").Weblist ("abcd").Select "Expected".
    4. When we highlight the above line of code , it highlights perfectly on the weblist. However , the same line of code fails inconsistently while performing the action
    Browser("Pega").Page("Pega").Frame("Pega").Weblist ("abcd").Select "Expected"

Has anybody faced the same issue or am I missing something. Kindly provide your inputs.
    I searched the forum, this question has been raised differently by different users. However I didnt find any solution to this issue raised earlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you set up a routine the that the script logs all object properties for the object hierarchy?

If you get that for the heirarchy you can then compare a pass and fail run to see the differences and cater for the issue.

You could simplify the problem just by running a script that selects a value then exits the field in a loop to possibly spoof the error.

This example below is untested (I dont have QTP where I am) but should be OK in theory to do what you need.

'report the properties
    Call ReportObjectsProperties(Browser("Pega"))
    Call ReportObjectsProperties(Browser("Pega").Page("Pega"))
    Call ReportObjectsProperties(Browser("Pega").Page("Pega").Frame("Pega"))
    Call ReportObjectsProperties(Browser("Pega").Page("Pega").Frame("Pega").Weblist("abcd"))
    'Test the selections
    Set oTestObject = Browser("Pega").Page("Pega").Frame("Pega").Weblist("abcd")
    aListItems = Split(oTestObject.GetROProperty("all items"),";") 
    iStart = Timer
       For Each sItem in aListItems
          oTestObject.Select sItem
          oTestObject.Type micTab
    Loop Timer > (iStart + 20)
    Sub ReportObjectProperties(oTestObject)
    	Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
    	Dim oReg, sKeyPath, i, sTemp,obj
    	Set oReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")
    	sKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\Test Objects\" & objClass(oTestObject) & "\Description"
    	oReg.EnumValues HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, sKeyPath, aNames
    	sTemp = "Runtime Object Properties:" & vbLf
    	For i1 = 0 To UBound(aNames)
    		If Len(Trim(aNames(i1))) > 0 And Len(Trim(oTestObject.GetROProperty(aNames(i1)))) > 0 Then sTemp = sTemp & aNames(i1) & oTestObject.GetROProperty(aNames(i1)) & vbLf
    	sTemp = sTemp & vbLf & "Test Object Properties:" & vbLf
    	For i2 = 0 To UBound(aNames)
    		If Len(Trim(aNames(i2))) > 0 And Len(Trim(oTestObject.GetTOProperty(aNames(i2)))) > 0 Then sTemp = sTemp & aNames(i2) & oTestObject.GetTOProperty(aNames(i2)) & vbLf
    	Reporter.ReportEvent micInfo,"Object Properties for " & oTestObject.tostring,sTemp
    End Sub
    While I have been working for Businesses that are Vendor partners with HP, IBM and Microsoft, my opinions and advice is my own.
    The solutions provided are either sourced from my own scripting libraries or from a quick Google Search.