| || |
UFT 11.5 & patches
I just installed UFT 11.5 followed by UFT_00022.EXE, so my UFT version is now 11.52.
Are there any other recommended patches to install?
Here's why I ask. The UFT has several problems:
1. The UFT is Very sluggish compare to QTP 11, which is very annoying.
2. Not all the objects are showing. Take the following code for example:
Set qtApp = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")
Set qaOptions = qtApp.Options
I have a TE Add-in installed, but qaOptions.TE reveals nothing while QTP 11 shows the inner objects, flawlessly.
3. WebEdit("Field_A").Visible problem:
On QTP 11 WebEdit("Field_A").Visible = True
On UFT 11.52 WebEdit("Field_A").Visible = False, which is an error of UFT
UFT_00022 is correct one.
Try to install add in again in Point-2
what error you are getting in Point-3
I haven't found issues with UFT11.52 and seems stable compare to other QTP releases.
What is you env config?
On Point 3.
I use the same code on both QTP 11 and UFT 11.52:
On QTP 11 I get: True (which is the correct value)
On UFG 11.52 I get: False
I have a UFT on both windows XP (32bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit). UFT is sluggish and crashes on both computers
'Returns true for me
MsgBox Browser("Browser").Page("Google").WebEdit("q").Get ROProperty("visible").
what error you get in crash ?
I'll post the crash report next time it crashes.
There are other annoying issues:
1. UFT doesn't stop at break points!
2. Very high CPU load.
3. ToolBox interaction: Every interaction with the ToolBox is oh so very slow (maybe because I have many classes in many qfl files) but is renders the ToolBox impossible to work with
Do you suffer from these issues?
Last edited by Booooom; 07-29-2013 at 11:14 PM.
no both of things are fine for me
I am having the same problem with UFT. I've tried everything but it runs so slowly and inconsistently that it's basically useless. Always consuming a miimum of 250k of memory. Object recognition is inconsistent. The location of objects that are recognized are always incorrect (offset too far to the left and too high) so interation with the objects is impossible. I've tried everything short of downgrading back to QTP or reimaging my machine. There is FOR SURE some configuration or environmental issue at play but I cannot figure out what it is. If you find any answers here I would love to hear them.
Interesting using it for the first time and I was pretty happy. Using it the second time, as per a standard days activity and I am less impressed.
Some of the "features" added have removed go-to capabilities I use every day, all day. Other features have been picked up from Visual Studio, which are a small win, but not essential to my experience.
**Disclaimer: I have not read much of the "New Features of UFT", nor have I done any fundementals or training on UFT. I am coming straight from using QTP 11.
THINGS I LIKE/APPRECIATE (Thank you HP!):
1. Availability of API and GUI tests in the one solution.
2. Opening multiple tests at once using "Add". Seems clunky to separate it from the open menu, but I will take what I can get
3. I don't have to "convert" tests from 11 to 11.5! Additionally, anyone opening something I create in 11.5 in QTP 11 seems to have no conflicts with files so far. That is actually a bit of a win for me and my team
4. I don't have to close the OR first when I quit UFT.
5. Overall UI presentation. It looks great and feels like HP wants to compete with other vendors instead of lagging behind in UI quality.
6. Local Variables pane! I always have the Debug Pane active but being able to have watches and Local Variables displayed at the same time is great.
PROBLEMS (or, things I find irritating):
1. The Toolbox replacing Available Keywords! Why cant it default to a per QFL/OR list instead of a massive list of functions and objects? That's just dumb. I see no benefit in the toolbox implementation. If Solution Explorer could expand the QFL to show the functions in the QFL it would give me everything I want. Unfortunately I have to open a QFL to find the right function now or scroll through/search the toolbox for the function I require. I don't always know the name of what I want, so that is just painful.
2. Execution of existing test scripts sees a slow open of the run dialog, then UFT reformatting itself is slow, then my execution happens. This can take anywhere between 5 seconds to 20 dependent upon the mood of UFT at the time.
3. Saving Test Scripts is great with a new script required to be saved straight away, but with UFT crashing every now and again (same as QTP, so no change there!) I still get locked scripts that I cannot access until ALM lock timeout is exceeded. Surely if my user name is the same, and the local PC name is the same, a locked file can be reopened? It cannot be that hard.
4. Absolutely no change to Excel handling or functionality. Really? No formatting capability? Do they know it's 2013? I still need to access my data files from Excel to do some basic formatting, like re-sizing fonts so its not massive! I don't need 14pt size thanks HP.
5. I have been working with applications for a long time and any delay in actually getting to where I want to go in an application, caused by the application builder, frustrates the hell out of me. The "Menu bounce" feature is a good example of what not to do. It may have seemed slick to the BA's and the boys all standing around the showcase slapping each other on the back, but if you remove that feature and just give us immediate drop down (no fade-in, no slide-down) it will improve my delivery time and frustration levels. When I click the menu, I expect the menu. Additionally, due to the memory handling I always see a little square before the menu slides out. I have seen this in client applications I have tested where they use a java library for the capability and the hook gets called, then a sub to deliver the list. It is improperly implemented as it requires two calls but placed in the wrong order.
6. Why, when I open a QFL, is the library not displayed in the Solution Explorer?
7. Why, when I close both the Action and the "Overview" tabs of an open test case, is the test not closed?
8. What is the purpose of the bottom area of the Toolbox? It just replicates the name of the item selected, and in the case of a function, the library source name. Pointless. Additionally if I could have my "Available Keywords - Sort by Resource" view still available, I wouldn't even need it.
1. What is the point of the "Solution"? Is it a project, similar to how you would create a project in RFT? or is it a Workspace, which again is similar to the RFT idea. It's not clear and I see absolutely no benefit. If I open a couple of tests, it is enough for the test and associated resources to be visible in the Solution Explorer.
2. How do I disable the auto type feature for the "For" loops? I use "For Each" wherever possible and even when I do use the "For a = 1 to x" I definitely never use it like the default "fill-in" (For Iterator = 1 To 1 Step 1)
3. How do I change the default toolbar to only display the items I need, or none at all? Everything I really need to know the shortcuts for, and everything else is just a menu away, so Buttons are just UI waste space for me... I can't seem to find anywhere to switch this off.
4. How do I get the old help files style back? Yes I can just use the old CHM file, but the capability within the new solution is extremely different and does not return what I need when I use search etc. I also get a lot of "IE errors" when I use it, even though IE is not open...
That's it for now, but stay tuned, it's just day 1 of using it
I supplied most of the above to HP and they have provided feedback for quite a bit of it.