HP UFT 11.52 hanging when doing call to existing action
I have HP UFT 11.52 on a windows 8 laptop. When I try the "call to existing action" option in UFT, I get an error which says "HP Unified Functional Testing has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".
I tried restarting my machine and re-installing UFT, still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by rphanikanth; 07-05-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Can you check few things :
1. BHO add-In ( or any other add-In ) is not taking more time then usual ( you may need to turn off ; I recently turned off Java related addin )
2. Can you disable protected mode in browser
3. Turned of user account control (UAC) setting by Control Panel
4. Turn off any firewall and ANti virus temporarily
5. Localize error to see if you are able to work with internal reusable actions and error is only with external one
6. Also consider to raise ticket with HP if problem persist.
I tried steps 1 through 4 and the problem still continued to happen. However, I was able to successfully perform step 5. I am opening a HP ticket, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
I have not used UFT very much. I did notice that it allows us to have multiple scripts opened at the same time. I wonder if having the the script containing the external action open or closed makes any difference.