Need to know if QTP supports application built on .net 2.0 with standard vb controls, some infragistics and a couple of custom controls
QTP is not recording any steps on the application even after enabling .net addin and wpf/silverlight addin
Object spy identifies the application window as Windows object and controls as WinObject
AFAIK, QTP supports .Net upto 3.5. And if your application only have .Net, just need .Net add-in. WPF and Silverlight are for other purpose.
Do you have:
1. Any QTP patches installed on your system?
2. What is your environment? (OS, language)
Could you try:
1. Close QTP, close your appliaton, re-open it, and open your application. After that, will it work?
2. In QTP, open Automation>Record and Run Settings>Windows Application>Record and run only on>check "Applications specified below"> + button, and point to your application, then start recording.
3. In QTP, open Tools>.Net Windows Form Spy and start spying. Does it recognize object?
4. If above doesn't work, try to add new Registry Key at HKCU\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\HooksMgr\DllInjector\ALWAYS, add new key with the name of your application. Then under that key, create new DWORD 32bit named Enabled, set value to 1. Then re-open QTP and start spy/recording again.