Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Web list Issue for Pega Application in IE 8 Browser

Hi,

Currently I am testing a Pega application in IE8 browser. I face weird issues for selecting an item from the weblist or performing GetRoProperty("all items") from weblist.

Issue Description:-

I am having an issue in selecting an item from the weblist in IE8 browser. On recording, the action gets recorded as
    Browser("B").Page("P").WebList("X").Select "ABCD"
    When I replay the above line, I get an error that the specified item does not exists in the weblist. Even when I spy the weblist object, the items count property has a value of 1 even though there are twelve items in the weblist object.
    This issue does not occur in IE 6 browser.

Can anybody kindly let me know, whether I need to install any specific add-in or patches so that I can work on the weblists easily.
    Find attached the detailed description on the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi,

Also I am unable to attach my issue description to this post, as I get a blank page everytime when I click Manage Attachements link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi,

To provide one more additional information, the controls are being done in AJAX technology. Is there anything different in the way IE8 handles Ajax compared with IE6.
    Is there any setings that I need to change.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Change the replay settings and try.
    i have never seen bugs sleeping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi, I tried changing the replay settings. Still no Change.
    The most weird issue is that, when I add the weblist objects to the OR, all the items of the weblist does not appear for "all items" property.
    Only the value which is selected in the drop down list appears in the "all items" property. Due to this issue , i am unable to place checkpoint for all items property.
    Also this issue occurs in IE8 browser and not for IE6 browser.

Can anybody provide me pointer for this issue.
    Note: The application is a Pega application opened in IE8. The controls uses Ajax technology.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi All,

I would like to provide one additional information to help me solve this issue. When I spyed the same weblist object in IE8 and IE6 , the outerhtml and all tems property values varied.

Weblist values for IE8
    outerhtml:= "<SELECT id=productLine style=WIDTH: 300px onchange= ..."
    all items:= "SELECT"

Weblist values for IE6
    outerhtml:= "<SELECT style="&"WIDTH: 300px"&" id=productLine... "
    all tems:= "SELECT;Bank Account;Credit Account;Message Account"

Due to the above issue , I am unable to Select anyother value in the weblist for IE8 apart from "SELECT". I get the error message "Items not available in the list" when I run the below line of code :- Browser("B").Page("P").Frame("F").Weblist("WL").Se lect "Bank Account"
    Also I am unable to place checkpoint for all items property value. The application is a PEGA application with object in Ajax technology.
    Is there any settings in IE8 which I need to check/uncheck to help QTP learn all the properties.
    Kindly help me out here as I am unable to progress in my scripting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    can you check the object hierarchy for the unselected item present in the List - click on weblist and spy anyother value like "Bank Account"
    Make a try if it is identified under the weblist or any object and post the screenshot if possible.
    --
    Vijay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your response. I did spy after clicking the web list and enhancing it. When I spyed it I noticed that the expanded weblist appears as a web element.
    The innertext and outertest property contains all the weblist values under it.

I am unable to attach the screenshot as manage attachments link is not working.

Class Name: WebElement
    Class: fixedSelect_uldynamic
    Html id: productLinefxdSel
    Html tag: UL
    Innerhtml: <LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_lisel_mouseover value=1 selectedIndex="0">Select...</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_lisel_mouseover value=PDL0000008 selected selectedIndex="1">Budget and Income Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_lisel_mouseover value=PDL0000001 selectedIndex="2">Creditor Protection Insurance</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li_mouseover value=PDL0000006 selectedIndex="3">Extended Warranty</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000003 selectedIndex="4">GAP</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000011 selectedIndex="5">Health Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000005 selectedIndex="6">Payment Instrument Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000007 selectedIndex="7">Personal Possession Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000010 selectedIndex="8">Personal Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000009 selectedIndex="9">Travel Insurance</LI>
    Innertext: Select...Budget and Income ProtectionCreditor Protection InsuranceExtended WarrantyGAPHealth ProtectionPayment Instrument ProtectionPersonal Possession ProtectionPersonal ProtectionTravel Insurance
    Outerhtml: <UL style="WIDTH: 300px; DISPLAY: block" id=productLinefxdSel class=fixedSelect_uldynamic><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_lisel_mouseover value=1 selectedIndex="0">Select...</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_lisel_mouseover value=PDL0000008 selected selectedIndex="1">Budget and Income Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_lisel_mouseover value=PDL0000001 selectedIndex="2">Creditor Protection Insurance</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li_mouseover value=PDL0000006 selectedIndex="3">Extended Warranty</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000003 selectedIndex="4">GAP</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000011 selectedIndex="5">Health Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000005 selectedIndex="6">Payment Instrument Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000007 selectedIndex="7">Personal Possession Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000010 selectedIndex="8">Personal Protection</LI><LI id=LI_FixedSelect class=fixedSelect_li value=PDL0000009 selectedIndex="9">Travel Insurance</LI></UL>
    Outertext: Select...Budget and Income ProtectionCreditor Protection InsuranceExtended WarrantyGAPHealth ProtectionPayment Instrument ProtectionPersonal Possession ProtectionPersonal ProtectionTravel Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Aravaazhi,
    I earlier had a similar problem and we didnt had a chance to talk to dev as it was an external app.
    So we had to follow a workaround rather than the usual methods as a last option - first click the weblist and then the webelement().click method using DP or SetToProperty method incase of OR - not sure if this way helps you out.
    --
    Vijay

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I hope the solution provided by VijayChander should work but if it doesn't than please spy with firebug and provide the object description.
    Also it seems a issue of weblist getting populated during runtime ( probably Ajax call). Also see if fireevent before selecting the list can help.