Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

License Eror on Startup

When I attempt to launch QTP 11 I get a popup that states that QTP was unable to connect to a license server. Also this message was displayed "istest7 - The license server does not have a valid QuickTest Professional license. For more information about installing a license server and concurrent licenses on your network, please refer to the QuickTest Professional Installation Guide.".
    When I click on the Install License button then enable the Concurrent License radio button and click on the Next button, I'm offered a chance to check the connection to the server. When I check the connection, it states that the connection check succeeded. It also states "However, unable to identify any HP features (products) for this license."

This connection has been working fine for the last 7 years. The only thing that changed was that management canceled the maintenance contract. Has anyone come across this sort of thing before and if you did, how did you fix it?
    Onward thru the fog...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Yes, but that was due to an expired license file. We had the wrong dates when the license was delivered to us.

Can you check the dates on your license file? Try the WLMAdmin. (Or) Is it possible that someone else has installed a wrong license?
    Rajkumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by FredMan View Post
    This connection has been working fine for the last 7 years. The only thing that changed was that management canceled the maintenance contract.
    I'd start here. I was involved in renewing our contracts with HP last year and the documents are difficult to decipher, but I did note there was one product_code/fee for the LICENSE which is separate from the Support/Maintenance stuff.

When they canceled the "maintenance contract", ensure they canceled the Support portion only, not the whole thing.

If you still have a license to use, then you probably need an updated code from HP for your server.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I've sent an email to HP to see if the fee was the issue. I'll update here when I get a response. Thanks for replying to this post.
    Onward thru the fog...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    QTP licenses don't expire but I had some addin licenses that were time limited to 10 years. Cancelling support will have no bearing on license expiration Fred.

As Rajkumar suggests you should see your license details via the srvutils.exe Wladmin utility.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Is this file on the license server or the QTP machine?
    Onward thru the fog...

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    wladmin utility is on the license server.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Fred,

That file is not on the server but it's available in the installation package.
    Explore the Install Package <Software_HP_UFT_11.50_English_x>\LicenseServer\ut ils
    Rajkumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Thanks, that helps. Working on it...
    Onward thru the fog...