Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Question BPT - How to find status of previous components (RunStatus Pass/Fail)

Is there a way to find out -within the test- if any of the previous components has failed?

Using Environment Variables to signal errors doesn't work since they are not shared across components.

Using The Reporter.RunStatus only gives the status of the current component not the whole BPT test.

I cannot use component parameters as that would complicate the test dramatically (imagine a test with 20 components each of them passing the RunStatus parameter until it reaches the last component)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi - what exactly are you trying to do this for. Can you use the ALM's 'On Failure' option to specify what you want to do (Continue or Exit) if a component fails in the test? An ugly way would be to write all the Reporter.RunStatus to a text file and the first thing each component could do is read the file and check for all the previous statuses of the test run. Cheers~Joe www.joecolantonio.com

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hello Joe,
    I need this to communicate results to an external system if a certain criteria is met. The only way I found so far is to use another Test to loop through the TestSet and get the results, the disadvantage with that is that it has to wait until all tests in the TestSet have finished execution.
    Sample code:
    For i=1 To qcutil.CurrentTestSet.TsTestFactory.NewList("").Co unt
    myTestName = qcutil.CurrentTestSet.TsTestFactory.NewList("").It em(i).TestName
    myTestStatus = qcutil.CurrentTestSet.TsTestFactory.NewList("").It em(i).Status
    Next

However I personally find the lack of passing environment variables between components and the inability to skip component(test flow decision) on failure to frustrating.

Thank you for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    You can actually share variables across your test case using our Freeware SharedStore. Look at below

knowledgeinbox.com/downloads/general/shared-store/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Tarun,

I tried for the above but I am getting error : ActiveX component can't create object : "KnowlegeInbox.SharedStore".
    what to do for this?

Thanks
    Thanks
    Rajani Gupta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Did you install the store?