As i am in the process of enabling L10N for my test suite,i am just curious to use AutomationId Property of the control in my automation. But i was failed to do that. The following are my attempts
1. Done Search on this forum before post this. Found 7 articles, where i got few idea about that. Perhaps that didn't solve my issue.
2. Try to add AutomationId property in the new object
identification window.Tried in adding to Mandatory/Assistive Properties list. but no luck.
3. Directly given AutomationId in the recognizable pattern as given below. Just an attempt [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Dialog("hWnd:=" & lHwnd).WinButton("AutomationId:=2").Highlight
It didn't work for me.
4. Tried with ChildObjects, after added the properties AutomationId. It shown with null.
5. Tried spying the object. It listed the AutomationId property, but it shown with empty.
1. How to add a Custom Property (Which was listed in UISpy,but not listed in QTP)to recognize the Object?
2. Do i need to go for Extensiblility? If Yes, How about for Standard Windows Controls like Button, Static?