In our project we used QTP and QC. Through QC we executed all scripts and everything is working fine. All the scripts, repositories are managed in QC only.
But now, i have to find a way to execute the scripts with out connecting to QC.
1) Is it possible to move all scripts from QC to local?
2) If we move the scripts will they work normally?
3) Is there any other free ware management tool which i can use with
QTP to run the scripts?
Please let me know if there any other way.
1. It is possible to move the scripts from QC to Local.
2. Yes, they will. Make sure that all associated test assets are linked correctly.
3. No. You should develop your own utlity to start/schedule your tests.
I tried copying one script from QC to local. I have some reusable actions in the scripts. Eventhough i copied that actions to local, i have to call them again in the script. Else it is displaying action not found. If i call the action agian then it is working fine.
But i have around 100 scripts and each having many reusable actions.So i cant re call all the actions..
What do you mean by run the tests without connecting to QC? Do you mean that you have to have the QTP scripts not stored in QC? Or do you mean you need to be able to execute them without going through the QC UI? Why do you need the ability to execute the tests without connecting to QC? Do the people who need to execute the tests need to be able to share the tests, or will the tests only be run by one person on one system?
Looking for Multi Test Manager? The most sucessful batch runner from mercury and is now a end of life tool that does't have any support either from mercury or HP. But still older versions holds good with all the versions of QTP including 11.0