I am interested in knowing if there are any tricks to speed up qtp execution as well as dependent factors for the same purely from an environment / OS perspective / network bandwidth. Probably after completely optimizing my code what comes next?
What are the dependent factors?
I have observed that on Remote machines qtp execution speed might differ from day to day. Please provide your insights
I am also facing same situation when executing scripts from remote desktop.
I am restarting the QTP at specific interval to speed up the execution in RD. Some time I need to Log off and login back to RD also speed up the execution for me.
Combined all this:
1. set run mode to fast
2. close all other unnecessary process costing cpu and memory
3. remove unnecessary descriptive programming
4. Disable S identification
5. instead of wait use waitproperty/exist
6. disable browser HTML resouce ( gif,jpeg etc) which will take time to render full page in IE Advance options.
My Suggestions (apart from the above listed good suggestions)
1. Launch QTP from .vbs file (Loads up much faster)
2. Avoid using wait statements or unneccessary loops
3. Disable smart identification feature
4. Restart your QTP atleast once a day.
5. Remove the Res folders that gets generated when you save the test results. Remove the older one's that you dont need.
6. Clear up the temp folder
7. Ensure that you have disabled the Active Screen (if you dont need it), movie recording, also capturing images on always. Capture images only on failures.
8. Delete the snapshots located in the snapshot folder, if you dont need it.
9. Avoid DP if feasible, I have seen script running slow when using DP compared to OR.