Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ReporterEngine Beta 1

Hi everyone,

I have been working on a Reporter object that can be integrated with any sort of test tool - with special consideration given to QTP. To give you an idea, below are the snapshots of what I have so far:

XML:

Realtime:

HTML:

You can use this without making any changes to your existing code. <u>Your Reporter.ReportEvent() code will be able to report events</u> to HTML, XML and also in Realtime (all events displayed as they are reported) status.

I need help of 2-3 beta testers that can test on WinXP, Vista and Win7x32. Would anyone be interested?

Btw, there is also something cool from Tarun that this engine can be integrated with in the pipe-line. May launch in the coming few days!
    Regards,

Anshoo Arora
    Relevant Codes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ReporterEngine Beta 1

Avinash has volunteered to test on WinXP with QTP 9.5 and 9.1. Thank you Avinash!
    Regards,

Anshoo Arora
    Relevant Codes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Wao of IQuickTest Studio has been beta-testing this product and posted a great overview on his website: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.as...a-feedback.html
    Regards,

Anshoo Arora
    Relevant Codes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Anshoo,

I must say its a great work &amp; will be very useful for automation test professionals.

I am impressed by the overall concept and love the real time reporting.

It was very easy to plug this into my current framework. I am yet to test this with Quality Center, but so far it has worked very smoothly.

Regards,
    Avinash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Avinash, thank you for your great feedback and encouragement. I have been working on this project on and off (due to other engagements) but hoping to release it soon.

Just need to decide whether to release an installer or just DLL with regasm. Leaning towards the latter for this release. Either way, I will have a better idea from feedback received.
    Regards,

Anshoo Arora
    Relevant Codes