Could not edit Shared Object Repository created in
I have created Shared Object Repository for a web application in QTP 10.0 version but when i have opened it to edit in QTP 11.0. It displays the message "A general failure has occured while attempting to save the object repository file"
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Prepare shared OR in QTP 10.0
2) Upgrade to QTP 11.0
3) Open Shared OR in QTP 11.0 Object repository manager (Do not select "Open in read-only mode")
4) Enable editing
5) Make changes to Shared OR
6) Save Shared Object Repository
7) Close Object Repository manager
1) After step 6, below message displayed and it does not save the Shared OR.
"A general failure has occured while attempting to save the object repository file"
2) After Step 7, below message displayed and it does not save the Shared OR.
"The object repository file [QualityCenter\resources]Resources\BPT Resources\Object Repositories\.... has been changed. Do you want to save the changes before unlocking and closing the file? " and after clicking yes it again displays warning message "A general failure has occured while attempting to save the object repository file"
1) Shared Object Repository prepared in QTP 10.0 should be editable in newer version of QTP 11.0
2) It should be forward compatible
Note: I have the administration rights in my local computer and QTP, QC and i have prepared the OR by myself so there are no issues with the permissions or anything
Do you have any solution or work around for this issue?
Re: Could not edit Shared Object Repository created in
Thanks for the reply, i was the only one who will be using this and i haven't prepared my tests yet. I had prepared the Shared OR in QTP 10.0 then we have upgraded to QTP 11.0 and i am trying to edit that Shared OR created in QTP 10.0. Also I had used HP Extensibility Accelerator to create some custom objects.