I recorded a script for launching PDF file using IE browser. This script works successfully with IE6.0 by opening the pdf file in browser and closing the pdf file
But when i run with IE8.0 i am able to launch but not able to close. i tried different methods by using sendkeys to close the opened browser pdf file
i tried below code but still doesn't work.
SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe", "http://ilabs.uw.edu/sites/default/files/sample_0.pdf"
If Browser("title:=*.pdf").Exist then
I had to stop using close process for ie on Windows 7, because it would generate a dialog "Explorer didn't shut down normally.
Counter = 0
ReportInfo "Close Browsers", "Closing all opens browsers"
'Try a max of 10 times then get out
Do While Counter < 10
If Browser("creationtime:=0").Exist(0) Then
ReportDone "Closed Open Browser",""
Counter = Counter +1
Then I put that sub in my Cleanup sub to close memory hogging applications (note the Report Info is something custom I have, because reporter.events are too long)
'Close memory hogging processes
ReportInfo "Close Processes", "Closing all MSIE, Diamond and Excel processes"
Patience is like bread I say.... I ran out of that yesterday.
Even we have IE8 as thin client and when i launch thin client it will launch fine. but when i record it through QTP it shows as if launching the IE thinclient but nevers launches IE. when i look at the task manager the process is still active.